Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Day Spa Experience Mom Would Never Forget

Over the course of the past year, my sweet mother has been through a lot. Having been diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, the last several months have been spent undergoing grueling treatments and battling the stress and worry that inevitably comes with this type of news. Because she has spent most of her life caring for others, including my father, my sisters, my brother and me, I was struggling to find the best way to help make things just a little easier for her.

After an especially difficult round of chemotherapy, I could tell that Mom was in need of some real pampering. She had started to lose a fair amount of hair, she was frail and I knew she was disappointed that she did not look like the glamorous lady we had all known in the past. Therefore, I got on the phone to my favorite day spa Austin TX and made an appointment for the two of us.

The staff at the spa treated us like royalty for the entirety of our visit. Mom luxuriated in the fantastic offerings which clearly made her feel like a normal person again. Our day together is something I will treasure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment